Syp had me thinking, it’s time to close this blog as well, start a new chapter of my blogging.
Thanks for all the good times, goodbye
Syp had me thinking, it’s time to close this blog as well, start a new chapter of my blogging.
Thanks for all the good times, goodbye
Back in the ancient days they would look for signs, and omens everywhere. A crow flew over a dead cow, that was probably a bad sign. Today I saw a dog wagging it’s tail while walking backwards, might of been a good sign. Seems like everyone that plays WAR is looking for signs, whether good or bad.
When I took up blogging for WAR there is a short list of people who inspired me, and one of them was Syp from Waaagh. Well he closed the doors on the blog a few days ago. I can’t say that I’m a little bit saddened by this. A dedicated WAR blogger, has moved on sort of. Sure he’ll still blog about WAR a bit from his new blog Bio-Break .
It’s like when your favorite lead singer from a band leaves to pursue a solo career, sure the music will most likely be good, but just not the same. There’s nostalgia there, the songs you have associated with your memories won’t be the same knowing the band is no more.
I wish Syp the best of luck with his new blog, he will go on to bigger and better things. I just can’t help shake the feeling though that this is a bad sign.
I will have to check the goat entrails to be sure though.
Well since I already fulfilled the original requirements, I won’t rehash that stuff, but since I’m so modest, I will boast accordingly. Ardy wants to Hammerstaff me, must be code in Order for something dirty. I can’t turn this charm off, and it’s the sexy purple I usually wear. The guys LOVE it.
Ardua is one of the reasons I’m around blogging now, his insights, and posts are purely awesome, but his support of the WAR community is legendary, plus I gotta say his blogroll is pretty long, and that’s hawt.
Well Regis over at Wizards and Wenches gave me the dubious honor of a Sticky Keyboard Award. I am truly touched even though Regis thinks I’m dirty, which I am, and the blogroll is incredibly huge. I can’t help some blogroll’s are just big, if that isn’t boasting I don’t know what is. I’m still in amazement that someone’s blog is named Wizards and Wenches, and the site is devoid of both. Tell you the truth, I happened upon his website to see the aforementioned Wenches, thus proving that I am in fact dirty. Well he failed me in that department.
The award comes with stipulations….
So pass it on I shall…..
1. Cry me a RvR - Well with all the green if I sneezed on my monitor would anyone know? A female playing a healer on my server on the destruction side, if that doesn’t scream masochist I don’t know what does.
2. Incoming Pull - There’s only one person with less luck then me when it comes to gear. That’s this guy. Plus all the pictures and videos, even someone with a 3rd grade reading skill like me can enjoy his blog.
3. Shadow War - Shadow been around for awhile, and his pictures are a little more disturbing then Incomings. Like he had an old dude scratching his back. It just gives me the heebie jeebies, and I worry about him.
4. The Captain’s Blog - I love how he conned his Significant Other to actually think his obsession is healthy, just kidding. I do however an old joke always pops in my head when I read his blog. I was at a Halloween party last year. I saw a pirate with a steering wheel on his crotch. So being a little tipsy I asked him, “Excuse me but what’s with the steering wheel?” The pirate replied, “Arrrrr it’s driving me nuts”
5. Bootae’s Bloody Blog - This guy knows his Chosen, and his banners scare the hell out of me. Wanted me to Pimp my Chosen, but being that I have a Trendy Title I really want to out do every one so I’m kind of waiting for that color scheme that screams AWESOME!.
6. Gaarawarr Gabs – Good blog, Dirty Dwarf. I got some space for you in my pants, my good dwarven friend.
7. Starbreaker - Another Dwarf Scumbag. He kind of wins cause his actual blog title takes 3 days to type. Starbreaker’s adventures in the great beyond of marshmellow land and on and on, etc…etc. It’s a good blog though.
The 10 things you may or may not know about me.
1. My nickname in real life is River. Pretty much all my toons follow the same naming convention with “Riv” in it somehow. I once had to tell a girl I was dating and took to a wedding if someone was talking about Chris, that ‘s probably me. She was wondering when I was going to tell her my real name.
2. I like whiskey, alot. me on it. I chugged a bottle of Early Times Whiskey like John Belushi in Animal House.
3. I like pie alot, Blueberry pie, warmed up with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream is my all time favorite. Followed up by Pecan Pie
4. I like to work out, in the last year I lost 100lbs. I got 100 more to go about. 250lbs is my goal. I’m 6’5″ that is my ideal weight.
5. I do actually take blogs off my blogroll from time to time, and I do read all of them at some point or another. Except the foreign language ones. I can hardly read english.
6. In grammar school they thought I had a severe learning disability, until I started taking the standardized test to get into High School. In 8th grade they found out I could do math, and reading at a college level. It turns out I just didn’t like school that much.
7. I have had more jobs then that guy who does that show “Dirty Jobs”, I’ve been everything from Cashier, Armed Guard, Cook at Hooters, Assistant Manager at a Quick Oil Change place, Bouncer at various bars, finally to what I am now an Network Admin.
8. I use to party, and drink with the Hell’s Angels. They use to hang out at Bars I use to bounce at.
9. I was a jock in High School, yeah I was a Football star, Wrestling, and Track. I was that kid Geeks hated.
10. When girls ask me what I do, and I don’t really like them. I tell them I own several shemale porn sites, I tell them the niche market is where it’s at. They usually leave me alone after that.
So there ya go. Thanks again for this honor.
Turns out she’s ignorant, and stupid. I left a nasty comment up, I don’t agree with it, or that kind of stuff. Some of the best players I played with were homosexual, some didn’t have penises aka girls, and some I don’t really know if they had backbones, they could of been amorpheus blobs, for all I care.
I left it up, because I believe in freedom of speech. You come on my blog feel free to say what you want to say. I will let it stand, for if you come off spouting ignorance, and stupidity, people will see what you are.
There’s alot of negativity coming from alot of places. A lot of things I really could be upset about. I’m not really that upset. Sure it bums me out. The real reason I pissed is my graphics card took a dump, and I could chop up idiots like Mom.
I still like this game, even though my WAR is like a slideshow, I still logged on respeced to Rending Blade, with the rest in Discord for Quake. Gemmed up my stuff with Toughness, as much as I could afford, donned my 2hander sword, and dyed my stuff Chaos Black.
When my graphics card gets here , there will be a new era upon us. Change is good, so sayeth the Raven God. Time to show that Rivs changes accordingly. I’m coming for you Mom, and all you ignorant fucks. The Master of Change wants your soul!
I don’t like posting negative things, but Mythic just keeps battering us down and then with my graphics card blow up it’s left me in a foul mood indeed.
I’m still under warranty, but waiting on the RMA request is taking time, time which I don’t have.
Order for the first time since I was playing Destro has made it to IC. Lets thank the OP of Bright Wizards for that. This makes me really upset since I can’t be there to defend my city.
I have to give up my beloved tanking spec so that I may compete in RvR when I do get back up and running. Run Rending Blade, with stacks upon stacks of toughness. I said goodbye to my regular PvE buddies, it isn’t fair to them. If I can’t properly tank then they need to find someone who can.
My guild is falling apart, the apathy of Destruction side of Iron Rock is so thick you can cut it with a knife, the whole atmosphere is draining to say the least.
Part of me says to call it quits, part of me says to close my doors here.
I won’t though, my utter hatred for Order has me seething with rage. When my new graphics card is working again. I shall go on the hunt, and earn favor with the Raven God once more.
On the Warhammer Alliance there was a lovely post in the Chosen Forum by Dishonor
I’ll copy it here, because some people *cough me cough* can’t read WA at work, then give my thoughts on it.
Why did Mythic give Chosen a spam’able AoE and nerf its single target DPS?
The answer is simple: Zone Domination
Anyone who has spent more than an hour out in the oRvR lakes since the release of 1.2 knows that the new Zone Domination system (which I have dubbed “zerg domination”) favours Zergs. If you outnumber the opposing faction by a significant ratio, then you can hold all the BOs and Keeps for 2 hours and flip the zone. Players were quick to catch on to this new mechanic, and as a consequence, oRvR lakes are now massive Zergfests.
The principle difference between this mechanic, and the old mechanic (victory points), is that an outnumbered faction can’t simply withdraw from the oRvR lakes and deny the enemy the ability to flip the zone. Through a combination of PvE, realm locking in the lower tiers, and 500 wins in scenarios, the outnumbered faction could block the other faction from flipping a zone indefinately. However, Zone Domination no longer allows the outnumbered faction to defend in this way. If you want to block the enemy, then you have to get out into the oRvR lakes.
But what can an outnumbered faction do against a Zerg? Doesn’t this gaurantee that the Zerg will always prevail?
The answer to the latter: No. The answer to the former also answers the question at the beginning of this blog., viz, re: Chosen AoE.
Since ZD rewards players for sitting in Zergs, players are motivated to do so. Hence, single target DPS, against a Zerg, is just plain pointless. A single target DPS Chosen, charging into the middle of a Zerg, might take out a healer before he or she dies (especially if the healer runs), but when you are outnumbered 3:1, or in some cases (on some servers) 5:1, the one healer you kill isn’t going to make a damn bit of difference.
The only way to break a zerg is combination of AoE, terrain, and surprise.
This might also explain to you why resists have been nerfed with diminishing returns, and why Chosen’s Rending Blade damage is magical. A handful of Sorcs, or BWs, can rip apart an enemy Zerg who have 40% or lower resists from a distance. Likewise, a handful of Chosen can now do the same in close quarters.
So the boost in AoEs is Mythics mechanic to counter-balance the invariable Zerg that is favoured through Zone Domination. Mythic may be rewarding you for sitting in a mindless Zerg, but they also provided a counter-balance to punish you as well.
This post is also directed at all the Chosen “haters” out there who are calling for a Nerf on Rending blade. I /lol when I see them, because its just not going to happen. The new reality is that if you’re stupid enough to put all your eggs in one basket, then you deserve what you’ve got coming to you when someone smashes all your eggs at once. The smarter players will realize that they need to spread out, in order to mitigate the AoE damage done to their groups.
Thanks Dishonor, what a great post.
My thoughts on this though it’s a new dynamic, the once beautiful thing of this Chosen class was we weren’t pigeon holed into one thing. Now if you aren’t Rending Blade spec, your useless it seems.
Though if your a melee class post 1.2 patch, you have to be a sad panda.
I have heard arguements for a 3rd faction, some other force to trump either Order, or Destro if either one gets too powerful. Speculation is abound with what race, or race’s it should be. Skaven (ratmen) lead the ratpack so to speak (pun intended)
Why didn’t Mythic start off with 3 factions in the first place? Were they afraid of claims from people saying Dark Ages of Camelot, or DAOC 2.0
I loved DAOC, one of my first MMO’s and I played it for year, to spite even Trials of Atlantis. Even though I loved DAOC, I’m afraid that we are trying to recapture are lost youth so to speak, and not really seeing the bigger picture. I’m not so quick to jump on this bandwagon yet.
I’m for fixing the problems we do have, before we intoduce new stuff, and content.
Well last night I felt the best, then I ever did while playing WAR. Me and my Lost Vale Team (Truthie, Nied, Influenza, Lemak, and Chobie). Downed N’kari. I think the battle tested us to our limits, and even though we wiped a couple times. We finally killed her. These guys really know what their doing, I’m honored just to go into a dungeon with them. I want to say I’m proud of the guys I roll with. It took us some months to get there.
Now lets farm the hell out of this place.
I would also want to thank Testta, and Shaemonu, without those guys we wouldn’t have done it either, they were there in the beginning.
Even got my Darkpromise Chestpiece, the sad thing is the Stats aren’t really that good.
You know what like I said maybe there’s light at the end of the tunnel, but like I always say it could be a train coming.